Being Somebody
When people always say "be yourself",but we often question our-self "How to be myself ?" Many people including myself always struggle with this question or even we ask our-self " are we being our-self", "Who am I?" and other stuffs like that.
Afterward, we start to confuse because of what people say or judge. Then, people strive to change but does it really matter of how people judge you? To many people is yes, people always say be yourself but in the end they started to judge you. What kind of stupid logic is this? Many people are afraid of being them self because they are scared of being judged by social. Then, we live like someone else and live in his/her shadow. Sometimes, when you admire your friend's personality and behavior, you would have the sense to be like him/her. In a sense that which is good and bad in the same times. Of course, people try to learn good quality from friends especially best buddies but the question remains, "Am I who I am?" or "I'm just imitating somebody just to become someone else?"
One of the fact that is people always want to be someone else because of the admiration and personality of the individual. We started to think why are we not like them or why cant I be like him/her? You wanted that kind of life so badly like what he/she having right now but it doesn't work out the way you think it should be. In the end, we start to become disappointed and felt worthless like a person who always wear a mask everyday pretending that everything is fine...which is not...It will reach a point where we started to feel helpless and less self-worthiness. However, there is always a hope to change, to be who you really are, not by living in people's shadow but yourself. When there are friends who really cares for you and doesn't care of who you are and what are. That is the kind of friends who we really want in our life. Friends who always watch our back and even lead a helping when we stumble.
One of person experience is at one fine day, after school, I don't even know why the gangster come to create problem on me which is the worst experience in my life which started from one of the gangsters who punched me, when my friends saw what the guy had done, they wanted to fight back, to protect me. From that time, I realize what is the meaning of true friendship. When I thought about the incident, I felt touch because of my friends. True friends are not easily found or made. The amazing thing that I can share is that God always put somebody in your life to make you somebody, to be someone who you truly are.
To the people who are reading my story, maybe you would think that now your life is a mess or miserable. To tell you the truth, God always help us to solve our life not just giving us strength and wisdom but also true friends in our life whom we cherish. In life, people come and goes but true friends always stand by your side. True friends are always worth waiting for. Cherish them and thank God for putting them in your life.
Comments
Post a Comment