Getting back at it (A new beginning)
And is 14 more days before I fly to Bali...Man...time flies and competition is coming sooner than I thought...
Feeling excited but also nervous in the same time...Although this time, I played a different role in the team but I am still worry (Hopefully everything goes smoothly on the day of competition and also the whole trip in Bali).
The only things that I need to prepare are luggage, money and things that are super important. First time traveling to another country to compete. I would say it is a dream come true and is gonna be one my greatest perk in my uni life. Some part of me still find it hard to believe that I would get the chance to compete in an international competition. (Plus having a jersey with my own name and country flag on it and singlet with my country flag on it too).
(Lets go back to the first week of centralize training - journey to Bali race)
I would actually put it into a few stage which kinda sums up my feeling in that 2 months of training and also the whole trip at Bali.
Stage 1: Mental down af (1st Week)
Stage 2: Feeling much better but the body feels kinda weak (2nd Week)
Stage 3: Getting the feeling back and start to improve (after 2nd week till n weeks)
Stage 4: Having mental strength at optimum level/ Mental up
Stage 5: Mentally and Physically prepare for competition
Stage 1: Mental down AF
The first week of centralize training wasn't easy. I don't feel like going to training. During the training, I feel weak and have strong thoughts of quitting.
Stage 2: Feeling much better but the body feels kinda weak
Trying to get back the feeling. I try to find inspiration/motivation from athletes and it kinda helps. Thinking back why I choose to stay. Asking myself how many things have I give up because weak mentality. When I slowly found my answer. I try to pick myself up again. Starting to see my body can pick up with the training. The thoughts of quitting is still there but weaker.
Stage 3:Getting the feeling back and start to improve (after 2nd week till n weeks)
The feeling is back!! The spirit that sleep inside of me is awaken (like finally!!). Feeling enthusiast and more energetic for every training. Starting to show more improvement even though the muscle sometimes is sore af but it feels better than the past few weeks
Stage 4:Having mental strength at optimum level/ Mental up
Everyone is quite excited for the upcoming race (Left 9 more days before we fly to Bali). Training was good but some are still sick and some of us got a bit of injury. Hopefully we all can recover especially before we fly to Bali. The HYPE and EXCITEMENT is real!!
Stage 5: Mentally and Physically prepare for competition
On 10th of May 2018 - Here we go!
Our flight is at around 10am. Everyone board the plane and we reach Bali around 2pm. It was a bit tiring for most of us as we all did not have enough sleep. Things wasn't smooth at first because we did not get to test water and the boat due to the fact that we are lacking of time. After that, we have some complication with the accommodation (which is one the reason for the lacking of time). The starting part was a a bit stressful some of us already but keep our cool and try to be optimistic.
On 11th of May 2018 - First day of competition.
Everyone is trying to get into their zone to be mentally prepared before the race. We have our warm up and then we wait for our race. It wasn't easy at all. The wave was rougher and bigger. During the race, it was very difficult to control the direction of the boat because of the strong tide. I also have difficulty which is trying to motivate my teammates because of the sound of the wind and the sea. (I didn't expect that the stick would be a plastic pipe =.=). Everyone has their difficult especially for those who paddle first time in the sea. We have little time to adapt but we were able to strive and make it to the semi final which is on the next day.
On 12th of May 2018 - The last day of the competition.
We were able to get champion in the finals. Even though there were ups and downs throughout the whole competition. Mistakes were made. A lot mix emotions but we were able to overcome together as a team. I felt so grateful to be in the team with strong togetherness. We achieve what we aim for. All the efforts are not wasted.
On 13th of May 2018 - One day trip/bonding
We bought souvenirs at the first stop.
Then we to the bench to take some photos.
On the way to another bench, we went to have lunch at one the restaurants and the food was good even though some food are super spicy. (I don't like spicy food because my tongue is not strong enough to take it xD)
The next bench we went to was even more beautiful. The water is clear and the place is crowded as well. You can see many people swimming and kayaking.
After that, we all went to drink coffee and tea. (one of the famous coffee at bali is Kopi Luwak). Kopi Luwak is made using the shit of an animal which I forgot whats the name already and is quite good.
Lastly, we went to visit a temple at our last stop where we can see the sunset and other scenery.
(We have post mortem at night where we all take about how we feel throughout the whole competition, improvement and anything we want mention. Unexpectedly, we use 4 hours to finish the session and the most amazing part is we didn't even realize we use more than 4 hours/ I should say this is the best post mortem)
On 14th of May 2018 - Is time to go back.
Can't believe is over already. Time flies just in a blink of eye. Knowing that we all will forever remember and cherish all the moments we had at Bali. Even though the competition is over, we still have more to come. Looks like is time to train and prepare ourselves for the next one.
We stand as a team. We compete as a team. We cherish the friendship we have. We bare with one another thru thick and thin. We encourage one another. We strengthen one another. We strive to improve.
Friendship always come first
Love, Trust, Confidence
Who are we?
WE ARE MMUALPHA!!
Feeling excited but also nervous in the same time...Although this time, I played a different role in the team but I am still worry (Hopefully everything goes smoothly on the day of competition and also the whole trip in Bali).
The only things that I need to prepare are luggage, money and things that are super important. First time traveling to another country to compete. I would say it is a dream come true and is gonna be one my greatest perk in my uni life. Some part of me still find it hard to believe that I would get the chance to compete in an international competition. (Plus having a jersey with my own name and country flag on it and singlet with my country flag on it too).
(Lets go back to the first week of centralize training - journey to Bali race)
I would actually put it into a few stage which kinda sums up my feeling in that 2 months of training and also the whole trip at Bali.
Stage 1: Mental down af (1st Week)
Stage 2: Feeling much better but the body feels kinda weak (2nd Week)
Stage 3: Getting the feeling back and start to improve (after 2nd week till n weeks)
Stage 4: Having mental strength at optimum level/ Mental up
Stage 5: Mentally and Physically prepare for competition
Stage 1: Mental down AF
The first week of centralize training wasn't easy. I don't feel like going to training. During the training, I feel weak and have strong thoughts of quitting.
Stage 2: Feeling much better but the body feels kinda weak
Trying to get back the feeling. I try to find inspiration/motivation from athletes and it kinda helps. Thinking back why I choose to stay. Asking myself how many things have I give up because weak mentality. When I slowly found my answer. I try to pick myself up again. Starting to see my body can pick up with the training. The thoughts of quitting is still there but weaker.
Stage 3:Getting the feeling back and start to improve (after 2nd week till n weeks)
The feeling is back!! The spirit that sleep inside of me is awaken (like finally!!). Feeling enthusiast and more energetic for every training. Starting to show more improvement even though the muscle sometimes is sore af but it feels better than the past few weeks
Stage 4:Having mental strength at optimum level/ Mental up
Everyone is quite excited for the upcoming race (Left 9 more days before we fly to Bali). Training was good but some are still sick and some of us got a bit of injury. Hopefully we all can recover especially before we fly to Bali. The HYPE and EXCITEMENT is real!!
Stage 5: Mentally and Physically prepare for competition
On 10th of May 2018 - Here we go!
Our flight is at around 10am. Everyone board the plane and we reach Bali around 2pm. It was a bit tiring for most of us as we all did not have enough sleep. Things wasn't smooth at first because we did not get to test water and the boat due to the fact that we are lacking of time. After that, we have some complication with the accommodation (which is one the reason for the lacking of time). The starting part was a a bit stressful some of us already but keep our cool and try to be optimistic.
On 11th of May 2018 - First day of competition.
Everyone is trying to get into their zone to be mentally prepared before the race. We have our warm up and then we wait for our race. It wasn't easy at all. The wave was rougher and bigger. During the race, it was very difficult to control the direction of the boat because of the strong tide. I also have difficulty which is trying to motivate my teammates because of the sound of the wind and the sea. (I didn't expect that the stick would be a plastic pipe =.=). Everyone has their difficult especially for those who paddle first time in the sea. We have little time to adapt but we were able to strive and make it to the semi final which is on the next day.
On 12th of May 2018 - The last day of the competition.
We were able to get champion in the finals. Even though there were ups and downs throughout the whole competition. Mistakes were made. A lot mix emotions but we were able to overcome together as a team. I felt so grateful to be in the team with strong togetherness. We achieve what we aim for. All the efforts are not wasted.
On 13th of May 2018 - One day trip/bonding
We bought souvenirs at the first stop.
Then we to the bench to take some photos.
On the way to another bench, we went to have lunch at one the restaurants and the food was good even though some food are super spicy. (I don't like spicy food because my tongue is not strong enough to take it xD)
The next bench we went to was even more beautiful. The water is clear and the place is crowded as well. You can see many people swimming and kayaking.
After that, we all went to drink coffee and tea. (one of the famous coffee at bali is Kopi Luwak). Kopi Luwak is made using the shit of an animal which I forgot whats the name already and is quite good.
Lastly, we went to visit a temple at our last stop where we can see the sunset and other scenery.
(We have post mortem at night where we all take about how we feel throughout the whole competition, improvement and anything we want mention. Unexpectedly, we use 4 hours to finish the session and the most amazing part is we didn't even realize we use more than 4 hours/ I should say this is the best post mortem)
On 14th of May 2018 - Is time to go back.
Can't believe is over already. Time flies just in a blink of eye. Knowing that we all will forever remember and cherish all the moments we had at Bali. Even though the competition is over, we still have more to come. Looks like is time to train and prepare ourselves for the next one.
We stand as a team. We compete as a team. We cherish the friendship we have. We bare with one another thru thick and thin. We encourage one another. We strengthen one another. We strive to improve.
Friendship always come first
Love, Trust, Confidence
Who are we?
WE ARE MMUALPHA!!
Comments
Post a Comment