Nervewrecking Resignation Experience
Before making the decision
A week before handing in my resignation letter, I got a call from an acquaintance telling me that they would offer me a job as a *secret*. Before that, it started off when he messaged me asking whether am I available for a short call. At first, I didn't know why he asked. But some part of me was able to tell why he wanted to call. The thoughts got my heart racing as I didn't expect his call at all. After the call, I informed him that I needed some time to think about it. I was kinda excited and also scared at the same time. I told myself if I'm going to take this step. It is gonna be another jump into the unknown. However, some part of me is eager to take this chance. After work, I consulted with my parents during dinner time. They were really supportive about it. A few days later, I informed him that I'm interested to take up the offer. Gone thru the interview 2 or 3 days later and got the job offer.
A Day before my resignation
It happened so fast! I did not foresee this coming at all. The first few things that came to mind were "how should I write my resignation letter" and "what should I tell my Superior." My heart and mind have been quite nervous and kinda stress out thinking about it. I know my Superior will be surprised if he knows this. Has the day finally come? I still can't believe this is happening. While I was busy getting ready, I didn't know my colleagues were also preparing to hand in their resignation letters.
On 19th July 2021
I gave a call to my Superior first in the morning. This is how it went. (Translation from Mandarin)
| Me: | "Morning, Superior. I have something to tell you." |
| Superior: | "Morning, Po. What is it? It sounds like something important." |
| Me: | "Yea, about that. Ermm...I will be handing in my resignation letter later today." |
| Superior: | *Surprised* "Waa...this is really something big.(真的是大件事)" |
| Me: | "Yea...😅 *awkward laugh* I will get back to work then. Bye" |
| Superior: | "Ok. Bye." |
After that call, I send out my resignation to the top management thru email. However, I just realized that I forgot to explain to him. At the same time, I think he was kinda speechless. As to the point he forgot to ask me what's the reason I resigned as well. Maybe both of us aren't ready for this. After a few hours, I called him again because I needed to get his approval on some of my works. During the call, he mentioned that my boss wanted to counter offer and asked whether am I interested. I politely decline as I have set my mind on the decision made. This time I was able to explain to him why I chose to resign. At least giving a somewhat proper closure.
After sending my resignation letter
After sending out my resignation letter, I feel much better mentally knowing that I have completed my nerve-wracking first step. Now I just need to wait for 2 months plus of notice period to end before embarking on my new journey. Another jump into the unknown is kinda scary. Thankfully, I know I am not alone. I know God is watching. He knows what I am going thru and I know He will guide me. A new journey awaits! Let's see it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment