Rediscover, unlearn and relearn...?

The Problem:
Recently I noticed that I have another personal problem. On many occasions, I don't know how I should react or use too much to think about how I should respond.

How did I notice this? I realized this when I started moving to PJ and working in KL. The sudden change in dynamic (increase in social interaction and getting to know new friends) kinda throw me off a little due to my lack of social interaction for the past 6 months.

In the Past:

Back then, when I was in university, this wasn't a big issue. Maybe because I'm used to constantly interacting with people due to being active in clubs and societies.

The assumption:
Now that I think about it. The first assumption that comes to mind is my transition to a new role/job. Before I started working as a front-end web developer. I was working as a mechanical engineer. My day-to-day work involves interacting with clients, contractors, and suppliers. So, having to interact with new parties was very common.

However, when I started working as a front-end web developer, the amount of interaction/communication required was at least cut by half compared to my previous job. Most of the time, I only need to interact with my colleagues. Plus, I was going thru a work-from-home mode in Melaka.

What should I do?

  • stop spacing out
    • I realize my mind tends to space out when the surrounding noises are too loud for me to focus on/find it hard to talk about topics that I'm not familiar with.
  • take my time to get to know everyone
    • I find this one of the hardest things to do. Mainly because I want to grow closer with them as fast as possible. I want to have more conversations with groups/individuals. But then again, I'm constantly reminded that everyone is a working adult. Everyone has their own schedule, social circle, activities, etc. And I shouldn't be trying to force my way in/attempting to "speed it up". Patience is the key I guess.
  • learn to remember the details:
    • remembering who they are, what they like, their background, preferences, what they are going thru, their schedules, etc.
  • expand my interest...?
    • To be honest, I'm not sure whether this is a doable method. Even if it is, I have no idea how/where to start. I can only pray to God that He would somehow guide me in approaching this method.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of an Emotional Kid - Part 1

Past review

Pahang